Everything in the kingdom of God functions on the principle of faith

Friday 13 April 2012

What is your motive?



you know that guilty, so agonizing feeling that we get when we find that we have been pointed out of our wrong failures or our in-adequateness, well it goes far beyond for me when I read something from the bible about my weaknesses and my failures but am at the end of it all strengthened, in  that the holy spirit works through me to remove all those weaknesses at one time or the other and by discovering that weakness through the bible is one or them or through an article. I have to admit that at first its hard to swallow but once we accept our failures and weaknesses and ask for forgiveness a pretty nice  and to even go on the road of even encourage others.
Well today I wanted to encourage you about some thing that I read from a certain article and having had accepted it and asked for forgiveness I have decided to also pass it on. Its all about our motives behind every action that we do. Most are the times that we tend to do things for the sack of being applauded or rewarded or just to show off. well today dear bloggers I  challenge you to challenge yourselves to always ask yourselves the motive behind what you are doing.In "philp1:17, james4:3" its written that sometimes we sometimes  say the name of Christ for just other bad motives, now i had to stop and ask myself when at times say the name of Christ for bad motives.

we need to ask ourselves some essential checkpoint we should apply on a regular basis:

Why are you planning this?
What's the reason behind your doing that?
Why did you say yes (or no)?
What is the motive for writing that letter?
Why are you excited over this opportunity?
What causes you to bring up that subject?
Why did you mention his or her name?
What's your motive,?

Searching, probing, penetrating questions.

Because the path of servant hood is so perilous, we need to cultivate a
sensitive walk with God marked by obedience.
our steps taken from insight for living.



but i had asked myself the motive for writing this article today, and it was to help someone like me who struggle in standing out with their motives and also executing them and not feeling a guilty that maybe their motives were negative .
Blessed day dear bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment